Compost Purchase Request
- Compost is available to businesses or organizations with a valid tax id number only.
- Please note that compost weighs between 1,200 and 1,500 pounds per cubic yard.
- Payment shall be made by check or money order prior to or at the time of pick up.
- Checks or money orders shall be made payable to: Lake County Solid Waste Management District
- Please call Troy at (219) 369-7695 with any questions.
Grade A: $15/cubic yard (ground twice and screened)
Grade B: $10/cubic yard (ground twice but not screened)
Grade C: $5/cubic yard (ground once during leaf vac process)
Purchaser is responsible for pick-up and transportation from the District Compost Facility, 3499 Chase St., Gary, Indiana, at the scheduled date and time and at Purchaser's own expense. The District shall load the designated amount of the above-described material into Purchaser's vehicle. The District makes no other representations, warranties, or guarantees. Purchaser is responsible for the material once Purchaser removes the material from the District Compost Facility.