The LCSWMD Leaf Collection program is for designated areas in unincorporated Lake County, IN. The program begins October 23, 2023, and will continue through December 1, 2023. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we strive to assure that this program remains a success. Please note that our collection schedule has changed this year.
Due to the size of our serviced area, we cannot guarantee that all of your leaves will be picked up. Residents also have the option to take bagged leaves to one of four leaf drop off locations around the county.
2023 Leaf Drop Off information
Guidelines for Curbside Leaf Collection
- Avoid putting leaf piles around obstacles such as vehicles, mailboxes, power lines, guide wires, utility poles and sign posts. Leaf piles will not be collected until relocated.
- Avoid placing leaf piles at least 30 feet from major intersections.
- Place leaf piles along the curb within three (3) feet of the street (do not place leaves in the street) and keep piles short in length. Make piles high rather than long whenever possible.
- Cul-de-sacs will not be serviced where cars are parked and blocking access.
- Avoid putting leaf piles in a ditch or on a curb with running or standing water.
- Leaf piles must be free of branches, grass clippings, garbage, rocks, or any other foreign objects or chemicals.
- Residents should note that ALL areas are scheduled for pickup once every other week (for a total of 3 pickups).
- If we are unable to complete an area on its scheduled day, vacs will return on the area's next scheduled day (2 weeks) and continue where we left off.
You may contact the LCSWMD at (219) 853-2420 with any questions.
Please call or text PBS Enterprises with route and schedule questions only at (219) 798-5338.
call PBS Enterprises
2023 Leaf Collection Schedule
***Our schedule is very dependent on the weather and may vary due to weather conditions. To avoid being missed, please keep leaves raked at the curb PRIOR to your scheduled day. If vacs are seen in an area other than the one designated, they are trying to get ahead of schedule.